Amper is digitally transforming the manufacturing industry and we are seeking driven individuals who are looking to grow their sales skills and careers. In the SDR role, you will be hunting for new opportunities and building demand for Amper’s products and growing into a closing role in 9-14 months. You will work closely with top-tier executives and will get trained up close on how sales organizations succeed.
Our team is passionate about making manufacturers succeed by providing simple and powerful tools to better understand and manage their operations. We combine easy-to-deploy IoT sensors with intuitive analytics that help manufacturers of all types remotely self-install and deploy Amper’s solutions. Our first product helps replace the "clipboard and paper" with a real-time IoT and analytics tool that helps reduce downtime and focus limited resources on things that matter.
Amper is backed by leading venture capital firms like Slow Ventures and SOSV, as well as top entrepreneurs and angel investors. We are based in River West, Chicago IL and our loft-style office has views of the Chicago skyline.
Here are the skills you'll need to be successful:
- Driven and excited about growing a sales career
- Ability to clearly communicate over emails and cold calls
- Diligence and discipline in organizing your day and activities
- Tenacity and a positive attitude
- A technology enthusiast with the ability to leverage sales tools
- High level of interest in the IoT space and the manufacturing industry
What will you be doing?
- Get trained on tools and skills to become highly effective and efficient in sales
- Source and qualify opportunities in various manufacturing verticals
- Build the pipeline through targeted email campaigns, cold calling and anything else you bring to the table
- Identify decision-makers and establish meetings
- Contribute ideas to help improve Amper's marketing and distribution strategy
Some reasons you might like working with us:
- We are a cross-functional team that thrives in collaborating and supporting colleagues
- Our vision is massive and we have the team, technology and customer base to support that growth
- We provide a flexible and empathetic work environment that supports a balanced life
- We have a modern office with plenty of natural light and views of the Chicago skyline
- You get to learn a lot very quickly and we trust you to operate with freedom in achieving your mission
Here's why this might not be a fit for you:
- Our team is small and missing key skills becomes apparent very quickly. We provide resources to learn and grow (and expect our colleagues to develop skills constantly), but if you don’t want there to be a need to continuously learn and perform, this isn’t the right role.
- You will need to do a lot yourself - no task is too small or too large for this role. You may need to re-design a presentation, build a sales forecast, or document a boring (but essential to standardize) process. If you’re not a hands-on individual that is motivated to get stuff done (quickly), this role won’t be enjoyable for you.
- We don’t look at customers as “cash cows” but rather see them as long term partners in our journey to making the industry succeed. We detest the current model of how industrial sales are clunky and poorly designed for customers.
If this role seems like a fit, we would love to learn more about your experience and goals.